These days, smart digital cameras do the work for photographers. Unlike in old times, people can easily get high resolution colored images. Shooting in color has become the norm in photography. But despite the wide usage of colored images, most people still love black and white pictures. And however strange it may seem, but up to this date, black and white pictures are still a hit! People are often surprised at the power that black and white images have.
So, what are the advantages of black and white photography?
- Sometimes, colors can be distracting and may even make the photo look complicated. It can be hard to focus on the subject because of too much color. But when it comes to black and white photography, the subject is much easier to focus on.
- Black and white keeps you focused on the actual composition and texture of the photo. It allows you to focus on shapes, light and shadows, lines and perspective. That is why some photos look definitely more convincing in black and white.
- Black and white photos have a classy and exquisite feel about them. They have an aesthetic, artistic look that is hard to produce in color. They definitely look timeless!
In the times of digital technology, most photographers prefer desaturating their images in post-processing, instead of shooting in black and white mode. Pho.to offers you lots of opportunities to turn your pictures into beautiful black and white photos. Are you interested? Then read further!
Continue reading The Power of Black and White Photography
There is always something new to discover in the process of taking photos. Below you will find 10 easy-to-perform tips for getting creative pictures!
1. Instead of holding the camera straight, turn it sideways and see how the shot turns out. A crazy angle created by tilting a camera can result in a great shot, no matter whether you photograph nature or people.
2. Take pictures from unusual perspectives. When you take a photo from an angle that isn’t ‘normal’, you can result in getting an amazing shot. Just look at your subject from an angle that it is not normally viewed from, and start creating art!
Continue reading 10 Simple Tips for Getting Creative Photos
Did you know that today is World Meteorological Day? It is celebrated each year, on March 23, by the World Meteorological Organization. Of course, this day is not a public holiday, but, whether we admit it or not, weather means a lot to us.
We always attempt to forecast the weather. And we love to talk about the weather – it is a way of breaking the ice (a way to start a conversation). People talk about the weather if they can’t think of any thing else to talk about; friends and family talk about the weather before they discuss what’s new, etc.
Did you know that you can add weather effects to your photos? E.g. if you wish to show how hard it was snowing when you took the photo, you can add an animated snow effect to your picture. Let’s see how you can do this.
Continue reading How to add weather effects to your photos
Hello everybody! Please help us choose a new Funny.Pho.to model (instead of our ex-model, Britney Spears). We need to know which of the 3 models you would like to see in effect previews at Funny.Pho.to. Please look at the sample photos below, decide which one suits the service best and and leave your vote HERE
Your opinion is important, so please spend a minute and vote!
PS According to user voting results, girl #2 got the maximum votes! We’ll change the previews soon, so you’ll see this new face in Funny.Pho.to previews!
Pho.to team is taking our annual break for the holidays until January 10. We want to wish you much happiness throughout the coming New Year!
Have a great holiday break and be sure to come back next year!
The haunted Halloween season is just around the corner! Well, now is the time to prepare something scary for your friends! Need some creepy ideas? Pho.to is here to offer you lots of frightful fun!
What kid, or adult, doesn’t enjoy getting creepy surprises for Halloween? You are welcome to create scary photo collages at Funny.Pho.to using your own pictures! Just select a template (an effect or a frame) at http://funny.pho.to/, then upload your photo (from your computer or by URL) and get a unique Halloween e-card, animation or a beautifully framed photo!
Want some examples? First of all, there is a bunch of cute frames:
Continue reading Creepy Ideas for Halloween from Pho.to
We start this Pho.to blog to share with you our news and give you tips on using all the useful and fun things we have at Pho.to!
Stay tuned and check back soon! =)