Do you want to get a new avatar and attract new likes and comments to your social page? Then take a selfie, but a good selfie!
Photographed by Dan Forbes, edited with “Birthday owls” photo template.
The article includes a number of tips on taking attractive selfies. We also edited some of the photos, just for fun. Enjoy our tips and tricks on how to make your photos “Simply the Best!”
Making your pictures alluring
Hot and fun update of Pho.to Lab for iOS brings extensive range of features to your mobile devices. The app is free to use and is already available on the App Store.
We added 3 more cool photo effects for the artistic minded folks:
1) http://funny.pho.to/blue_only/ – leaves only the blue color in your photos. All other colors become black and white (great for emphasizing the blue eyes).
2) http://funny.pho.to/green_only/ – leaves only the green color and its shades in your photos. All other areas become black and white, too.
3) http://funny.pho.to/red_boost/. This effect emphasizes the red color in your photos, and also leaves the skin color untouched. All other colors become black and white. This creates a kind of retro look in your photos.
Feel free to experiments and share your photo effects with us!
These days, smart digital cameras do the work for photographers. Unlike in old times, people can easily get high resolution colored images. Shooting in color has become the norm in photography. But despite the wide usage of colored images, most people still love black and white pictures. And however strange it may seem, but up to this date, black and white pictures are still a hit! People are often surprised at the power that black and white images have.
So, what are the advantages of black and white photography?
- Sometimes, colors can be distracting and may even make the photo look complicated. It can be hard to focus on the subject because of too much color. But when it comes to black and white photography, the subject is much easier to focus on.
- Black and white keeps you focused on the actual composition and texture of the photo. It allows you to focus on shapes, light and shadows, lines and perspective. That is why some photos look definitely more convincing in black and white.
- Black and white photos have a classy and exquisite feel about them. They have an aesthetic, artistic look that is hard to produce in color. They definitely look timeless!
In the times of digital technology, most photographers prefer desaturating their images in post-processing, instead of shooting in black and white mode. Pho.to offers you lots of opportunities to turn your pictures into beautiful black and white photos. Are you interested? Then read further!
Continue reading The Power of Black and White Photography