Do you want to get a new avatar and attract new likes and comments to your social page? Then take a selfie, but a good selfie!
Photographed by Dan Forbes, edited with “Birthday owls” photo template.
The article includes a number of tips on taking attractive selfies. We also edited some of the photos, just for fun. Enjoy our tips and tricks on how to make your photos “Simply the Best!”
1. Choose proper lighting. The best time to take selfies is in the morning or in the early evening. At this time natural light is just as picturesque and scenic, as in any professional photo studio. If it is already dark but you really need to take the photo, come closer to a source of light.
Compare the lighting on these photos. Which one was taken at harsh daylight and which – during the sunset?
Hide the bad lighting problem with our Photo to Sketch templates. E.g.:
2. Relax, be sincere and emotional. You can make funny faces but do not overdo them.
Which of these photos is a “too much”?
Try our new photo frames to make your selfies even more vivid and cheerful:
3. Use bright colors for your hair and makeup to salt your photos. Think about putting on wigs and various accessories.
Add different moods to photos with the help of our Lighting effects.
4. Choose a proper background – no carpets, wallpapers, mirrors in WC and other things. It’s nice to have a lot of space behind as it helps to make the composition deeper. You can also think about interesting framing. Let the tree branches frame your head, or make double framing with a doorway and a window.
Many say, that autoportraits were the first selfies. At this autoportrait the artist (Zinaida Serebryakova) uses the double framing method: there is a doorway behind her head which opens up to a light window on the background, located on the opposite wall of the next room. Such placing gives air and space to the picture.
Why not to try and do a similar image? You can even make it look like a real oil painting:
5. If your hands get to the pic, remember:
– they should look natural;
– nails must be neat;
– elegant manicure is an absolute “yes”;
– fingers should not be strangely cropped.
Make it like this!
6. While shooting keep the focus on your eyes. Diffused eyes often spoil the pic, besides, eyes tell a lot about your personality. Do not hide them, it’s almost a crime!
7. If you want to look slimmer just raise your hands and shoot a little bit from above. At the same time raise your chin and look at viewfinder from below. You’ll seem younger and slimmer from this angle.
Artistic effects are a perfect choice for those who want to make a stylish selfie.
8. A lot has been told about choosing a proper camera angle in portrait photography. Choose the angle that suits you the best. Photos below show how the wrong angle and a bit of grimacing can change girls’ appearances.
(Photos are taken from Pretty Girls Ugly Faces web-page).
Hope, starting from now you’ll make the best selfie possible. Boost your Facebook and Instagram pages with great userpics and selfies!